Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

Home Forums Ireland Look at de state of Cork, like! Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

lexington
Participant

🙂 In addition to plans for a new 150-bedroom hotel at Cork Airport, Great Southern Hotels have lodged their application for a 53-bedroom extension onto their existing 83-bedroom hotel at the fast growing airport.

🙂 O’Flynn Construction have sought permission to proceed with the construction of 2 planning permitted hotels as part of their 500m euro Ballincollig Town Centre project.

– the first hotel is 100-bedroom 4 storey over basement development, while the 2nd is a 5-storey 138-bedroom over basement development (Marriott have been a named mentioned to operate the hotel – however, reports are now sceptical over this in light of ‘recent developments’). Both hotels incl. all appropriate ancillary services and facilities.

– Also, I hope to have that exclusive Eglinton Street Development picture by Thurs, as I will be away tomorrow.

:p Pitwood Ltd’s proposed 121-bedroom, 5-storey, 80,000sq ft hotel development over dual-basement is looking pretty nice. I was taking a brief look over the plans recently and forgot to mention it – the facades of 91 South Mall and the 2 protected facades at Parnell Place are to be refurbished and incorporated into the development, giving it an air of class about it. Above the Parnell Place facades, a tasteful, black slate pitched roof will form the 5-storey. My only grievance relates to how the height of the project, as viewed from South Mall, may mildly affect the grandesque of 93 South Mall (Thomas Crosbie Holdings HQ) – but the developers assure me the materials used will minimise this effect dramatically. It looks good though. Michael & Kevin Corbett will retain ownership of the site however.

:rolleyes: Cumnor Construction finally provided Further Info to CCC regarding their 7-storey apartment development at Sunday’s Well/Winter’s Hill – a decision due date is set for the 28th of Jan 2005 (this month). Jack Coughlan & Assoc are behind the design. I remain sceptical about this project – in my opinion, it’s a bad place to put a 7-storey block – considering its position overlooking a number of private residencies surrounding (the tallest of which being 3-storeys with pitched roof). This is a highly prominent, sloped location and the development far from suits it.

Latest News