Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

Home Forums Ireland Look at de state of Cork, like! Reply To: Look at de state of Cork, like!

lexington
Participant

CCC are advocating the Railway Street/Horgan’s Quay site for a new 6000 seat conference/convention centre – a shortlist of developers is currently being considered. I’ll name them as soon as I receive permission from the respective parties involved.

O’Callaghan Properties have a clause in their sale agreement to integrate a convention centre into the Mahon Point development – the agreement knocked IR£4.3m off the sale price – which contested against a higher offer by MacDonald Properties of Scotland of IR£50m for the lands. O’Callaghan and McCarthy Developments paid £41m between them for the Mahon lands. Failure to develop the convention centre requires O’Callaghan Properties to return 6m euros to CCC. O’C Properties are stalling on this one a bit, for internal reasons rather than viability, this is causing some frustration and CCC are anxious to move forward with Railway Street. I’ll be interested to see how involved CIE get in this project – it will be a reflection of their commitment to continuing with Horgan’s Quay.

Sisk Contractors have been chosen to construct the new Cork School of Music – with an initiation date of September. Although, I had reported this start date in a previous post, there had been some confusion in light of the financial problems experienced by PPP partners Jarvis Plc. It was expected at one point not to begin until Summer 2005, however now, it seems, the Dept. of Education and Jarvis are now both confident in proceeding with the project and will break ground this September. Some minor work has already commenced on the existing school (to face demolition), formal contracts are expected to be signed later this week.

Latest News