Reply To: We need tall buildings in Dublin and we need them now!

Home Forums Ireland We need tall buildings in Dublin and we need them now! Reply To: We need tall buildings in Dublin and we need them now!

fjp
Participant

I’m too knackered to really type, but I’ll just make a fast point. Lots of arguments against tall building, but I could come up with just as many arguments against small buildings. In fact, I’m living in one of them. This fear of the unknown/fear of screwing it up has left us in a city which is (quite frankly) fairly screwed up. It doesn’t work well as a city, becasue people can’t move, and can’t afford houses. So we don’t go tall, and end up screwed (which we are).

Social problems in tall buildings – social problems have developed in tall buildings, medium buildings and small regular houses. Maybe this is a social thing, and not a building thing.

Students: build tall student flats. Students don’t care about gardening and have no money. I’m sure they’d just rather have money left over from the rent.

Anyway, I’m sicking of seeing more excuses not to do something when the same excuses (or better) could have been used against the flat mess we live in now. that said, you do raise good points, and they would be best applied to the development of a taller city rather than the barring of one.

Hell, not even really tall, but a few more Liberty Halls here and there wouldn’t kill. It beats a two storey house.

fjp

Latest News