Reply To: Spencer dock development

Home Forums Ireland Spencer dock development Reply To: Spencer dock development

GregF
Participant

I totally agree with you Blain……..the docks are rubbish, aka mediocre…..The buildings in this part of the city…. aka the capital of Ireland….. especially along the quays as you have said are far too stumpy for the width of the Liffey as it widens…………
The buildings are the same as what you get in sub-urban industrial estates, ie Sandyford, Ballycoolin, etc …………..not metropolitan city scapes…….a typical major Irish f**k up on reflection………….and it’s sad that we may never see in our lifetime Dublin docks looking spectacularly significant….as like what you find in other major cities……..but mediocre, provincial and insignificant….and nobody in the Irish general public cares I suppose…… A culturally ignorant Taoiseach does’nt help either……..Is their no politician in Ireland of the calibre and insight of Mitterand?……A person who stands for high architectural and civic principles…I guess not….bog standards apply across the board…….a pig in a pokery and Haughey was a skullduggerer too as is the case.
It would be good if a firm of barristers with a wordly achitectural insight could sue the DDDA and Scott Tallon Walker for their misconceived and unartistic plans for Dublin City Docks….but that is stuff of fairytales I suppose.

Latest News