Reply To: Plan to remould Dublin to be unveiled today

Home Forums Ireland Plan to remould Dublin to be unveiled today Reply To: Plan to remould Dublin to be unveiled today

ew
Participant

They’ve run out of printed copies, but you can still view it on the web.

I haven’t looked in detail but it seems very wishy-washy to me. I had expected the neighbourhoods in which services to be centered to at least be identified, but they’re not (that I could see).

Each chapter such as “A safer city”, a “greener city” etc. has a load of aspirations that you would not be able to fault – for example “Crime can and should be prevented”
these are followed by a table with a row entitled “What?” and one entitled “Why?”
It would be good to see this followed up with “How”….
Instead there’s a strategy objective which just rephrases the issue again, eg : engage young people in making homes, schools and communities safe through crime violence and drug abuse prevention efforts. with no indication of how it will be done.

There’s no indication of which implementing agency is responsible for each objective and so there’s no tracability. Which will make everything mentioned in Moving Strategy to action extremely hard to implement and monitor.

Still hope a lot of good comes out of it… 🙂

Latest News