Reply To: good article on temple bar as it now is

Home Forums Ireland good article on temple bar as it now is Reply To: good article on temple bar as it now is

Luke Gardnier
Participant

Dear friend I very much regret I am not the same Luke Gardnier as partook in the noble art of Shotokan @ Pulse Fitness as no doubt a fuller knowledge of its finer points and thought processes would indeed have stood me well in certain circumstances and situations I have encountered in the past and indeed would be of assistance in the future.

This Luke Gardnier would have liked to have walked talked and had a pint or two with the Late Great Luke Gardnier (Lord Mountjoy) of 18 century Dublin. He was the first and last great developer / planner this city ever had and who resided at 10 Henrietta Street and who originally planned among many things that Gardnier’s Mall (O’Connell St.) which set the scale for what is now regarded as central Dublin would be Dublin’s Portland Place.

O if now (of all periods since in this city’s development) we had in charge of Dublin men with the equivalent vision and energy of developer and great Dubliner Lord Mountjoy. What we call Dublin is largely the surviving legacy of the man.

Latest News