Reply To: Build as high & modern as possible I say – but elsewhere

Home Forums Ireland Build as high & modern as possible I say – but elsewhere Reply To: Build as high & modern as possible I say – but elsewhere

ro_G
Participant

ahh – thought it might have been a call to arms following that documentary about sherrif street vs. Docklands Development last night

Fire breaks out at Dublin city scrapyard
ireland.com
By Kilan Doyle Last updated: 04-04-02, 13:55

Five fire crews are tackling a fire at a scrapyard on the docks in Dublin city centre today.

A fire broke out in the yard of Hammond Lane Metal Co on the Pigeon House Road at lunchtime. The fire services said the fire is not serious and no buildings are in danger.

An ireland.com reporter said the smoke is billowing from the fire that is burning close to a building behind the yard.

Mr Kilian Doyle said: “Cars in the yard are on fire, and four cranes are helping in the operation to put it out”. He said gardaí have sealed off the area and are warning the public of a risk of an explosion.

“The fire has caused a lot of smoke but no premises, industrial, commercial or private, are at risk. Nobody has been injured,” a spokesman for the fire services said.

Latest News