Reply To: turning potential employees away at your front door

Home Forums Ireland turning potential employees away at your front door Reply To: turning potential employees away at your front door

alastair
Participant

Originally posted by edward:
cold calling is a way of life, and if you ever left dublin you would know that!

i am surprised you are still in business with an attitude like yours, you say that I am bitter, well you sound arrogant, with a slight hint of pathetic

I can only speak for the world of graphic design, but my experience (including work in New York and London, but thanks for asking) has been that it’s simply unprofessional to turn up expecting someone to see you. Bare minimum you drop your resume in, in advance and follow that up. If your experience/portfolio of work is of interest to the firm, then you will get access to someone. You just need to have the courtesy to give people some advance warning.

Nothing to do with your experience/skills. If I don’t know you from Adam, I’m not going to risk eating up a half hour with someone who MIGHT be a dead loss. And such is the world that there are far more non-descript applicants than young genius’s out there. Try looking at the process from the position of the firms.

What exactly is the problem with following up on a resume drop anyway?

And thanks for your kind words. I can tell you would be a real bonus to any company.

Latest News