Reply To: Trouble in Dublin?…….”No”

Home Forums Ireland Trouble in Dublin?…….”No” Reply To: Trouble in Dublin?…….”No”

brunel
Participant

Not sure I´m in agreement with all of Joey´s comments… granted the Barca bus system is good… however Barca also has an extensive Metro system, along with an urban rail system (which has a link to the airport)… and the centre of the city is still clogged with traffic !! Therefore if u were to cut the Metro and urban rail systems I honestly wonder how well a bus system ALONE can begin to solve a city´s traffic problems…

I think Dublin badly needs this Metro… granted getting the QBCs working should be kept a priority but QBCs will always be limited in Dublin as they can´t go very far in most areas without having to rejoin the normal traffic flow… a LUAS system will also have to deal with on-street traffic as well as Dublins very well disciplined pedistrians !! That said the sight of an oncoming train should be reason enough to get the f#ck off the road !!

A metro is one of the few/only (??) means of transporting significant numbers of people quickly and freely… and completely independent of above ground happenings… ok it will cost but what Metro system has ever been cheap ?!? But what city regret the investment ?!?

Stockholm is another case where one has a fantastic metro system… an urban rail system and pretty good bus service all combined to provide a damn good public transport network… the road network is pretty good too… but are there still holdups and traffic jams ??? OF COURSE THERE ARE… it is close to imposible to remove traffic jams from any urban area as people will always be tempted to use their car…

Thing is in Dublin one usually little alternative… and considering the urban sprawl that is Dublin, cars will always be necessary…. hopefully LUAS, QBCs, DART, ARROW AND METRO can combine to ease the situation and give people a valid alternative…

Anyway in Barca for the week so don´t want to waste too much time in an internet cafe… that said €1.20 for 1 hour of damn fast interet connection is not bad… computers even have those cool flat screens, webcam and phone…

Latest News