Reply To: What style is that?

Home Forums Ireland What style is that? Reply To: What style is that?


In architectural history terms, I suppose all those buildings would be called stripped classical or maybe classical moderne, but another useful term might be conservative modernity: I have come across it in relation to 1930’s literature, but it is also sometimes used in design history. While not exactly descriptive in stylistic terms, I think it probably describes the sensibility/ social context fairly well. Another example could be the Imperial War Graves Commission’s work, particularly that carried out by Reginald Blomfield (who redesigned Regent’s street).

Latest News