Reply To: Without a doubt Dublins UGLIEST building is

Home Forums Ireland Without a doubt Dublins UGLIEST building is Reply To: Without a doubt Dublins UGLIEST building is

Anonymous
Participant

I wholeheartedly disagree! In my opinion Liberty Hall is an important part of the modern architectural heritage of the city. It is hardly the most attractive of buildings, but it is certainly now an accepted landmark on Dublin’s otherwise banal skyline.

The trouble with Dublin is that it lacks visually impressive buildigs. Sure, there are a few that are eyecatchingly attractive [Customs House, Central Bank, Bank of Ireland etc…] but they lack that wow factor of scale and physical impressivness.

Anyway, I’m sick of people trying to make such a lot out of what is basically a secondarily important city [architecturally or otherwise] on the world stage. I mean, its impossible to compare Dublin with Paris, Rome, Sydney or even London, in terms of its overall beauty.

Its my hometown and I’m very proud of it – but that’s all it is, a pretty town with huge, mainly ill-planned suburbs in its hinterland.

Latest News