Reply To: Ugly buildings

Home Forums Ireland Ugly buildings Reply To: Ugly buildings

Anonymous
Inactive

Must say I don’t mind the appearance of the Pavillion in Dun Laoghaire. I do however have problems with its construction in the first place as it was built on a public park and very little was given in return (good old PPPs) for the use of the public.

The scary thing about how bad those apartments next to the BIM building is that they actually make the BIM building look better than it did. Don’t get me wrong, the BIM building is unbelievably bad. What I am saying is that those apartments (the ancorage) are so incredibly bad that I cannot help but look on the BIM building more favourably than I did. There is a planning application at the moment for the Iceland site up the road from there. The proposal is for a block of apartments which will form a “landmark building”. It is to be nine stories high. The applicants have been asked for more information. As far as I know they have been asked to rethink the whole height aspect of it.

Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Co. Council buildings work very well though. Great from the outside and seem to function well on the inside as well.

Latest News