1740 – Belvedere, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
Originally built in 1740 as a hunting lodge for Robert Rochfort,
Originally built in 1740 as a hunting lodge for Robert Rochfort,
Formerly the home of the Protestant bishop of Limerick, this is a fine house with central doorway,
An unusual smaller country house that was probably constructed around 1740.
Originally built about 1740, the central block has a Diocletian window in the top floor,
Designed by Richard Cassels, the obelish is 140 feet high and is composed of several arches,
Just outside the village of Enniskerry,
Behind St Peter’s Church of Ireland are these attractive houses built as a refuge for widows of clergy.
Cassels designed this Dublin town house for Marcus Beresford,
The Belvedere on Tower Hill was designed by the architect John Aheron and was built in the early eighteenth century by Sir Edward O’Brien for viewing horse-racing.
The Obelisk bears the inscription: “Last year being hard with the poor,