1860 – Penrose Quay Railway Station, Cork
Architect: Sir John Benson
The original railway terminus for the Great Southern and Western Railway.
The original railway terminus for the Great Southern and Western Railway.
‘The Assembly Rooms’,
An eight-bay two-storey over basement house with dormer attic,
Now the home of Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum,
Ardfinnan Castle was originally built circa 1186 to guard the river crossing on the River Suir,
Catherine McCauley founded the Sisters of Mercy in 1831 in Dublin to care for the poor and the sick and to educate poor children.
Designed by James Franklin Fuller,
McBirney’s Drapery Emporium which was taken over by Roches Stores in the 1940’s.
Turkish baths constructed to the Improved Turkish Bath principles of Dr.
Former Presbyterian Church,