1912 – 321 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba
The building, also known as the Finnie and Murray Block,
The building, also known as the Finnie and Murray Block,
Originally the Manitoba Agricultural College when it was built in 1912/13,
Constructed as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.
It was constructed between 1911 and 1912 as headquarters for the Allan Steamship Company and the real estate business of Allan Killam and McKay.
Constructed for the Bank of Hamilton after their previous building was burned down.
Costing $225,000 and constructed with a reinforced concrete structure.
Demolished in 1987 following a December 1986 fire which also destroyed the Commercial Block adjacent.
The Boyd Building is a solid yet detailed office building on Portage Avenue near the Paris Building and former Eaton’s Department Store.
Now the Ukrainian Cultural Centre,
Stripped to its structure in the early 1950s and refaced in 1952.