1913 – Former Rex Theatre / Epic Theatre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Demolished in 2008, the rendered facade concealed the remains of the original ornate classical design.
Demolished in 2008, the rendered facade concealed the remains of the original ornate classical design.
Demolished and replaced with a taller building of less architectural merit,
Costing approximately $40,000 with design and materials from the New York firm of Lord &
In 1914 a new building for the Winnipeg Tribune newspaper company was designed by leading local architect John D.
Kildonan Park was originally designed by George Champion (1870-1946) who was the park’s Superintendent.
James Layrock Havill (1873-1947) was active in Toronto,
In Winnipeg the main banks had been clustered on Main Street.
Built between 1920 and 1921 to replace an old steel truss bridge of 1894 that was no long safe for vehicles and streetcars.
The original Starland Theatre operated on Main Street from 1911,
Demolished in early 1970s to provide carparking space for newly constructed Medical Arts Building to the rear.