1901 – J.B. Somerset School, Winnipeg
Another fine school design by J.B.
Another fine school design by J.B.
Royal arch for visit of Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York (later,
Winnipeg’s first steel framed building at seven storeys high with an elaborate couple of floors to the top.
The Strathcona block was built for Lord Strathcona as an elite residential building on the corner of Main Street and Broadway in 1902.
In 1901, a Grand Lodge of Canada Report stated that “This Grand Lodge is erecting a memorial hall in the city of Winnipeg in memory of the late Brother Thomas Scott,
Designed by local architect J.B. Mitchell who was responsible for many of the best school designs in Winnipeg.
Built to replace the earlier South Central Schools designed by Barber &
The Dominion Theatre opened as a vaudeville house on 12 December 1904.
In 1903 the firm of A.
Construction of the original church started in 1893,