1860s – LNWR Warehouse, North Wall Quay, Dublin

0418

28122809

After the London and North Western Railway Company moved its Irish terminus from Dun Laoghaire to North Wall Quay in 1861, they also constructed several warehouses. This large one just west of the station also included the Gilbeys Bonded Warehouse to the rear. The former North Wall Railway Station was designed to serve the ferry port whose steamships moored here for the Irish Sea crossing with two subways under the street to the quayside, and an elevated walkway to the adjacent hotel. Long demolished.

Published June 29, 2024