1963 – St. Vincent’s Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin

Architects: Downes, Meehan & Robson


St. Vincent’s Hospital was established by Mother Mary Aikenhead, founder of the Catholic order Religious Sisters of Charity, at the Earl of Meath’s former home at 56 St Stephen’s Green, Dublin, in 1834. The new site at Elm Park started planning and construction in 1953 and was largely completed by 1963. Downes, Meehan & Robson were responsible for masterplanning the site as well as many of the early buildings on the site including the cancer hospital. There has been much development on the site since, but some of their original work can still be seen.