1891 – Ess-na-Larach Tea Rooms, Glenariff, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise


Rustic teahouse built as a destination for tourists visiting the famous walks and waterfalls of Glenariffe Glen. The Glenariff Waterfalls walk first opened to the public in 1889 as a railway special attraction managed by the Belfast & Northern Counties Railway – train from Ballymena to Parkmore and then a ride in a jaunting car. The Ess-na-Larach Tea House opened in 1891 and its successor, Laragh Lodge restaurant operates on the same site today.