1863 – Ulster Club, Castle Place, Belfast

Architect: Charles Lanyon

0828

0829

A stuccoed bow-fronted central bay with a cast-iron balcony in the Regency style lent the Ulster Club an air of dignity in the hustle of Castle Place. The club sold their premises in the late 1960s. Sadly demolished in 1981 to make way for Calvert House (1983-4), a four-storey glass-fronted building that weirdly won the RIAI Gold Medal for 1983–1985.