1837 – Carrigglas Manor, Longford, Co. Longford,
A fine example of castellated Tudor Revival architecture, Carrigglas was designed by the Scottish architect Daniel Robertson in 1837 for Thomas Langlois Lefroy, Lord Chief Justice of Ireland, replacing an earlier house. The limestone facade with its oriel windows, battlemented turrets, and high pitched gables has a dramatic skyline. Until compartively recently it remained in the possesion of the Lefroy family with all their original pictures and furniture. Sadly in recent years it has passed through the hands of various property developers and is now at risk. The glass roof and windows of the orangery has already collapsed.
There is also a double courtyard, stable and farmyard complex that was erected before 1790 to the designs of James Gandon. Gandon also designed the main entrance to the park with symmetrical flanking lodges.