1800 – McCan Barracks, Templemore, Co. Tipperary
Built after the 1798 Rebellion as Richmond Barracks to accommodate 1,000 men in a H-plan arrangement. In the usual style for these barracks, with a projecting three bay central block and cupola. Of large scale, the central range has 17 bays on either side of the cupola, with the parade ground flanked by twenty-two bay three-storey blocks.
The building was refurbished in 1964, when it was made the national training centre for An Garda Síochána.