1866 – Church of Saint John the Baptist, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare
The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Fallon in 1858. The church was knocked down in 1862 by a storm and again in 1863. The parish priest, Father Forde, then went to Australia to collect money for rebuilding Saint John’s and he managed to complete the church in 1866. Saint John’s is a Gothic Revival church, with eight-bay side elevations of narrow lancet windows, with a lovely two-stage entrance tower and spire. Designed by the Dublin architect Michael Brophy Moran, whose only known works are Catholic churches.