1862 – Former Cathedral, Cavan, Co. Cavan
In 1862, Cavan parish church was extended and it became the new cathedral of the Kilmore diocese under Bishop James Browne. In 1919 a decision was made to build a bigger cathedral on the site behind the old one. In 1938 construction of the present cathedral began, and was completed in 1942. The old cathedral was taken down stone by stone and rebuilt in Ballyhaise where it still stands with some external differences and minus the internal galleries.