1860 – Court House, Castlebar, Co. Mayo

Architect: George Papworth / George Wilkinson

0058

A much extended and altered building from 1822 by George Papworth. In 1858, a second courtroom was added, wings were raised a storey and given pediments of chiselled limestone. Both sides of the building are connected by a cast iron Grecian Doric portico from the original designs of Papworth. .