1955 – Gala Cinema, Ballyfermot, Dublin
The Gala Cinema was designed by J.F. McCormack and opened on 23rd November 1955. The sizeable auditorium seated 1,850 meaning the cinema was one of the largest suburban cinemas in Dublin. Closed in 1980, for a time it was operated as a roller-skating rink, but was then turned into a bingo-hall at stalls level with a snooker club in the balcony. Now used for retail.