1936 – Leinster Cinema, Dolphins Barn, Dublin

Architect: Robinson & Keefe

1549

1549

Opened late 1936 and was designed to seat 1250 patrons. Opened by the Lord Mayor Alfie Byrne, it wasn’t a financial success and closed as a cinema in May 1968. Turned into an ice rink, it was finally demolished in 2004 and an apartment building constructed on the site.

See Also