1916 – Lyceum Cinema, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles Adelian Aickin


Opened on 11 December 1916, and designed to seat 1,200 customers, the Lyceum Cinema closed on 29th April 1966, after which the Rank Organisation used it as a film storage depot, but it was destroyed by an IRA bomb in 1970. Housing now occupies the site.

Published March 27, 2018