1957 – ESB, James Street East, Dublin
Large back office building constructed in the gardens to the rear of the Electricity Supply Board (ESB) buildings on Fitzwilliam Street. The entire electricity network for the country was run from this building, as it contained the Load Distribution Centre – as Frank McDonald notes in “The destruction of Dublin” there was no need for it to even be in the city at all and could have been attached to a power station. Demolished with the later Sam Stephenson building. .