1895 – St. Gabriel’s National School, Cowper Street, Dublin
St Gabriel’s National Schools opened in 1895. Originally, a separate Boys and Girls school, St Gabriel’s amalgamated into one mixed national school in 1996. The original school building, illustrated, by Walter G. Doolin is still in use today. The building is finished externally in brick.
“THE perspective view, which we give of new school has been taken from the large drawing which was exhibited at recent exhibition in Abbey street. It being erected for the Very Rev. P. Bourke PP.” Published in The Irish Builder, June 15 1894.