1889 – School, Vicarstown, Co. Laois

Architect: Charles Geoghegan

0008

“Our illustration with present number shows a perspective view of the schools recently erected on the Vicarstown Estate, Queen’s County, formerly the property of James Grattan, Esq. They have been erected by the present owner, Mrs. Grattan-Bellew, from the designs of Mr. Charles Geoghegan, of Great Brunswick-street. The male and female schools are placed at each side of the block respectively, with separate entrances, and accommodation; whilst apartments for the master and mistress occupy the centre portion, as shown in plate.” The Irish Builder, March 15 1890.

See Also