2014 – Merrion Cricket Club, Ballsbridge, Dublin
Merrion Cricket Club was founded in 1906 by a few members of the old Land Commission and has been at its present location in Anglesea Road since 1908. A single-storey pavilion with a cafe, bar and loft apartment for the Merrion Cricket Club.
The lower floor is given over to a bar and tea room for the public, and changing and physiotherapy rooms for the cricketers. There is also an apartment housed under the large pitched roof structure, creating a home for one club member.
A faceted roof tops the building, which is made up of two simple rectangular volumes. The two blocks, set at an angle to each other, follow the same footprint as their predecessor, an existing 1980s pavilion damaged by flooding.
Photographs Copyright Alice Clancy