Albert E. Murray (1849-1924)
South Circular Road Dublin
1917 – No.17 Henry St, Dublin
1886 – Unbuilt Design for St. Kevins, South Circular Road, Dublin
Architect: Albert E. Murray
Second placed design in competition to design new Church of Ireland on the South Circular Road. The competition was won by Sir Thomas Drew, and his striking church with red sandstone spire constructed. Murray’s design was intended to seat 600 worshippers and was designed to be finished in Dublin granite with Portland stone dressings.