1759 – Mercer’s Hospital, Dublin

2816

1871

Former hospital that was originally founded 1734. On 13th April 1742, the world premiere of Handel’s Messiah was held in Fishamble Street to raise funds for the hospital. It was rebuilt in 1759 and substantially extended during the late nineteenth century. Late 20th century demolition of the interiors.

Published February 1, 2014 | Last Updated July 4, 2024