1909- Church of the Good Shepherd, Sion Mills, Co. Tyrone

Architect: W.F. Unsworth

0110

0110

0110

The Church of the Good Shepherd, Church of Ireland, was consecrated on 15th May 1909. Its architect, W.F Unsworth of Petersfield in Hampshire, a relative by marriage of the Herdmans. He chose to model Sion’s new centre of worship on a church near Pistoia, in Tuscany and the design is in elaborate Italian renaissance. Sion House and the Gate House adjacent to it, just a short distance from the church were also designed by Unsworth for the Herdman family.