Architecture of Wales
1894 – Semi-Detatched Villas, Newport, Wales
1872 – University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Wales
Architect: J.P. Seddon
Founded in 1872 as University College Wales, Aberystwyth became a founder member of the University of Wales in 1894. The original university building, next to the sea, known as “Old College”, is the site of most of the University’s administration as well as the Departments of Welsh and Education. Uncompleted as illustrated, the design was toned down to match the finances of the young university.