1948 – Post Office, St. Andrew’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Sidney Maskell & John Fox



A large building, the Post Office was built to replace an earlier on on nearby Church Lane which links Andrew and Suffolk Streets to College Green. The original building was demolished and the site now is incorporated into the Ulster Bank building. The otherwise plain stone exterior is decorated by various roundels depicting icons connected with communications.