1936 – Thorncastle Street Flats, Ringsend, Dublin
Three large blocks along the Dodder river as it enters the Liffey at Grand Canal Docks, the end block closest to Bridge Street is the oldest and most decorative. The other blocks are of a much plainer design.
This block by Herbert G. Simms shows many of the hallmarks of his other blocks for the City Council (formerly Dublin Corporation): the decorative brickwork; curving corners; and windows on the corners.
Simms designed other blocks in Dublin at Chancery Place, Henrietta Place, Townsend Street and James Street.