1898 – St. Luke’s Church, West Hampstead, London
“This church is being erected in Kiddespore-avenue. As the ground falls considerably towards the east, a large basement is formed beneath the chancel and part of the nave, to be used for parish purposes. The materials used are red brick and Bath stone. The contractors are Messrs. Albert Estcourt and Son, of Gloucester. The accommodation is for about 800. Sir. Basil Champneys is the architect. ” Published in The Building News, October 14 1898.
The Bishop of London consecrated on Siturday morning the new church of St. Luke’s, Kidderpore road. West Hampstead. It has been erected at a cost of about £13,400, from plans by Mr. Basil Champneys, and was illustrated in our issue of Oct. 14, 1898. Accommodation is provided for 8OO persons, and the building materials are red brick and Bath stone. The contractors were Messrs. Albert Estcourt and Son, of Gloucester.