Seddon, John P. (1827-1906)
English Gothic Revival architect who trained with T. L. Donaldson. He was in partnership with John Prichard (1817-86) from 1852 to 1869, and with John Coates Carter (1859-1927) from 1884 to 1894. With Prichard he designed the High Victorian Gothic Ettington Park, Warwickshire (c.1856-62). Other works include University College, Aberystwyth, Wales (1864-90), the Powell Almshouses, Fulham, London (1869-70), St Peter’s Church, Ayot St Peter, Herts. (1874-5), St Paul’s Church, Hammersmith, London (1880-8″”with H. R. Gough), and the lovely Church of St Catherine, Hoarwithy, Herefs. (c.1874-85″”in an Italian Romanesque style with Byzantine detail).