1962
Boland's Bakery
Co. Dublin
Deansgrange
factories
Samuel Stevenson & Sons
1959 – Boland’s Biscuits, Deansgrange, Co. Dublin
Architect: Samuel Stevenson & Sons
A new factory designed to replace their old premises at Grand Canal Dock. Considered quite advanced for the time, it was visit by a Soviet Union food production delegation in 1967. In the mid 1960s Boland’s merged with Jacobs Biscuits Limited, to form Irish Biscuits Limited, with much of the production moved to the Jacobs premises in Belgard, Tallaght. In 2004 production at the Tallaght facility stopped.
Published January 11, 2025