1912 – Allan Killam and McKay Building, 364 Main Street, Winnipeg, Canada

Architect: John D. Atchison

0577.jpg

0581.jpg0581.jpg

It was constructed between 1911 and 1912 as headquarters for the Allan Steamship Company and the real estate business of Allan Killam and McKay. Later sold to the Scottish Union and National Insurance Company with Allan Killam and McKay remaining in the building as a tenant. In 1947, the building was purchased by the Crown Trust and Guarantee Company and renamed as the Crown Trust Building.

The building was demolished in 1973 to make way for new construction of the Trizec Building and Winnipeg Square. A portion of the top floor’s terra cotta has been reconstructed in the modern building’s main foyer.

Published March 14, 2026

More!