1906 – Central Congregational Church, Hargrave St., Winnipeg

Architect: Alexander D. Melville / Darling, Pearson and Over

0276

0276

Originally known as First Congregational Church, it was formed in 1882, and was renamed Central Congregational Church in 1887. Enlarged by architect Alexander D. Melville in 1905 at a cost of about $26,000. The following year, further alterations were needed and an addition to the building was designed by the firm of Darling, Pearson and Over. This was at a further cost of about $40,000, but increased the capacity from 900 to 1,600 people. Demolished in 1936.

Cite This Article ▼ Click to expand

APA Format:
Clerkin, Paul (2015, January 6). *1906 – Central Congregational Church, Hargrave St., Winnipeg*. Archiseek.com. https://www.archiseek.com/1906-central-congregational-church-hargrave-st-winnipeg/ (Updated 2025, September 19)
MLA Format:
Clerkin, Paul. "1906 – Central Congregational Church, Hargrave St., Winnipeg." *Archiseek.com*, 6 Jan. 2015, https://www.archiseek.com/1906-central-congregational-church-hargrave-st-winnipeg/. Updated 19 Sep. 2025.

Published January 6, 2015 | Last Updated September 19, 2025

More!