1885 – Massey Harris Warehouse, 294 William Avenue, Winnipeg

Architect: George Creeford Browne

0473

294-william.jpg

Constructed on the corner of William and Princess, this four-storey Massey Building was designed by local architect George Creeford Browne. With lovely ornate brickwork decoration, the building is sadly missing the fine cornice, and the main entrance has been turned into a window. The Massey Manufacturing Company was established in 1847, opened a branch office in Winnipeg in 1881, and built its own warehouse and office in 1885.

Cite This Article ▼ Click to expand

APA Format:
Clerkin, Paul (2026, February 11). *1885 – Massey Harris Warehouse, 294 William Avenue, Winnipeg*. Archiseek.com. https://www.archiseek.com/1885-massey-harris-warehouse-294-william-avenue-winnipeg/ (Updated 2026, August 25)
MLA Format:
Clerkin, Paul. "1885 – Massey Harris Warehouse, 294 William Avenue, Winnipeg." *Archiseek.com*, 11 Feb. 2026, https://www.archiseek.com/1885-massey-harris-warehouse-294-william-avenue-winnipeg/. Updated 25 Aug. 2026.

Published February 11, 2026 | Last Updated August 25, 2026

More!