1870 – Gatelodge and School, Dalkey, Co. Dublin
Architect: E.H. Carson
Combined gate-house and school building for St. Patrick’s Church of Ireland in Dalkey. Still standing today although missing the top of the small tower. A parishioner Charles Leslie presented the church with this building, built at his sole expense of over £1,000, to the design of Edward H. Carson. Over the years it has been added to, a parish hall was added in the 1880s.
“It is built in the most substantial manner of granite quarried on the site, and, as a specimen of wrought granite work is well worthy of a visit. The interior is fitted up in a superior manner. The lecture-hall has an open timber roof, stained and varnished.”
Share!
Cite This Article
APA Format:
Clerkin, Paul (2014, April 1). *1870 – Gatelodge and School, Dalkey, Co. Dublin*. Archiseek.com. https://www.archiseek.com/1870-gatelodge-schools-dalkey-co-dublin/ (Updated 2025, January 28)
MLA Format:
Clerkin, Paul. "1870 – Gatelodge and School, Dalkey, Co. Dublin." *Archiseek.com*, 1 Apr. 2014, https://www.archiseek.com/1870-gatelodge-schools-dalkey-co-dublin/. Updated 28 Jan. 2025.
Published April 1, 2014 | Last Updated January 28, 2025


