1860 – Schools of St. Mary-the-Less, Lambeth, London
Architect: John L. Pearson
In 1860 The Prince of Wales laid the foundation stones of new premises in Millers Lane, built on the site of the Vauxhall Gardens as part of a redevelopment that included St Peter’s church. These buildings are still standing, although the road is now called St Oswald’s Place.
Share!
Cite This Article
APA Format:
Clerkin, Paul (2009, July 16). *1860 – Schools of St. Mary-the-Less, Lambeth, London*. Archiseek.com. https://www.archiseek.com/1860-schools-of-st-mary-the-less-lambeth-london/ (Updated 2026, January 24)
MLA Format:
Clerkin, Paul. "1860 – Schools of St. Mary-the-Less, Lambeth, London." *Archiseek.com*, 16 Jul. 2009, https://www.archiseek.com/1860-schools-of-st-mary-the-less-lambeth-london/. Updated 24 Jan. 2026.
Published July 16, 2009 | Last Updated January 24, 2026

