1847
Quebec
Quebec City
Thomas Baillargé
1847 – Archbishop’s Residence, Quebec City, Quebec
Architect: Thomas Baillargé
The construction of the Archbishop’s residence began in 1844 and was completed in 1847. It was built following the plans of architect Thomas Baillargé. In 1903, François-Xavier Berlinguet was put in charge of the renovations of the side wall of the building, that which runs along Côte de la Montagne. As part of the renovations, they constructed a façade done in trompe l’oeil with an imitation of a monumental entry. Having been the centre of administrative and pastoral services of the diocese for a long period of time, today the Archbishop’s residence is used as the Episcopal residence.
Published December 16, 2009 | Last Updated July 10, 2024