This page is from an older version of Archiseek - and will soon be merged into our new database.
After the construction of the Custom House in 1792, a new dock was also built alongside and stores for storage of merchant's wares. These stores existed until the 1940s when they were demolished. In the early part of the 20th century, the Old Dock (as it was known) was filled in and eventually the site was partly used for the construction of Busáras and Memorial Road around the Custom House. At one stage, it was suggested to use the Dock as an underground car park.