Would anyone care to contribute ideas and/ or suggestions they might have for a 5th Year Architectural Degree thesis project based in Galway City? As it stands I'm mulling over:
1. A theatre complex in Fisheries Fields to accommodate Macnas, Druid agus Taibhdhearc na Gaillimhe
2. An integrated water sports centre for rowing, kayaking and sailing on the N.U.I.G. campus as per the existing masterplan
3. A marina facility at Galway Docks
4. A study of the 'in between' spaces in the N.U.I.G. campus masterplan, with a view to composing an architectural strategy that might bind its disparate elements together
5. A museum dedicated to those impacted by clerical abuse as per the recommendations of the Ryan Report (!)
6. An inhabited bridge linking Menlough with the Moycullen Road
At this tentative stage these notions vary from the 'very obvious' to the 'bit ridiculous' and so any input would be gratefully appreciated.